Tropical Reef Shipyard has implemented and developed an OH&S Management System as defined in OHSAS 18001:2007 and AS/NZS 4801:2001. This system has incorporated legislative requirements as described in the Work, Health & Safety Act 2011 and Work, Health & Safety Regulations 2011.
Tropical Reef Shipyard will take all reasonable measures to ensure that the operational aspects and areas, for which it holds responsibility, are as free from risk to personal health and safety as is reasonably practicable.
To achieve this Tropical Reef Shipyard shall:
• Develop and maintain appropriate risk management policies, systems and procedures.
• Clearly assign accountability and responsibility for operational risk management leadership and performance, at organisational, functional, and operational levels.
• Provide the supervision, information, training, procedures, and other resources required to ensure the safety of employees, contractors, and others exposed to Tropical Reef Shipyard’s operations.
• Integrate operational risk management strategies and performance with all operational activities.
• Maintain the resources and personnel, supported by plans and procedures, required to respond to emergency situations.
• Commit to the active rehabilitation of injured and ill employees.
• Provide and support workplace based consultative and communication processes.
All procedures and policies shall be documented, implemented and maintained with a continual review process directed at the prevention of personal injury through interaction with TRS processes.